Thanks, Raivenne, for providing me with the inspiration for today’s blog post. (Maybe you should polish up that resume and put your name in the hat!)
VACANCY: Personal Muse
Position Type: Management
Date Posted: March 17, 2022
Location: Inside my brain (hazard pay included)
Date Available: Immediate
Lainie Levin is an aspiring writer, poet, and occasional hot mess. She is currently seeking an artistic muse to spur her into action and inspire her to push her boundaries. Lainie Levin offers a competitive compensation package, including love, adoration, baked goods and the occasional, reluctant thank-you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The artistic muse assumes authority for the general artistic growth and creative welfare of Lainie Levin. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Giving Lainie good ideas for writing
- Giving her better ideas for when she doesn’t like the first ones
- Nudging her to get writing
- But being nice about it
- But also kicking her in the rear when she needs it
- Giving Lainie the space to find inspiration
- Pointing said inspiration out when she needs it
- Letting Lainie sleep, for heaven’s sake
- But also helping her shape a story when she’s ready
- And reminding her she has the skills to DO the THING
- A thick skin
- The patience of Job
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: pulling along, shouldering the burden, general nudging, doing the heavy lifting, and some amount of stooping to levels.
Interested applicants, please respond below.